AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Manged and Auto Placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I am learning adwords and came across managed and auto placements setup in display networks. Unfortunately i cannot see any label as Managed placement or Auto placements.I was setting it inside an agroup. But i am unable to get "managed" or "auto" placements.

Please help.

Thanks

Sagar

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Manged and Auto Placements

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Managed placements are the ones you select yourself--if you want your ads to appear on certain websites, you enter those placements (with a custom bid, if you want) to tell AdWords that you're specifically targeting those websites.

Automatic placements are the ones that the AdWords software thinks are appropriate for your ads, based on whatever targeting methods you're using and your ads & website.

You can see both from the Display network tab, by expanding the relevant section of the Placements tab page. (Note that performance numbers for the Display network take 24-48 hours to be posted to your account.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

A small addition to this topic , the help pages are outdated, since this week automatic and managed placements are presented in a merged table ( I received a notice in the account), as before they were in separate configuration tables like in this picture with 2 blue texts "Managed placements" and below them "automatic placements" :

https://storage.googleapis.com/support-kms-prod/SNP_2697883_en_v0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hii Adrian,

Thanks a ton.

I am looking forward for Google Adwords fundamental Certification.

I hope you would be a great help for me.

Thanx

Sagar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot. I am looking for Google Adwords Certification.I hope you would be a great resource.
Thanks
Sagar