AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Managing a rapidly updating database

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, so I'm about to launch a new site which relies on a third-party product database and will completely update 4 - 6 times a day. In the main, this should not be an issue however on data refresh there will inevitably be product pages which then cease to exist, meaning I could be sending traffic to 404 error pages.

How do you normally manage a situation like this whereby data and URLs is updating on such a frequent basis?

Thanks

G

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Managing a rapidly updating database

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'd consider using the AdWords API

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/

The Google AdWords API lets developers build applications that interact directly with the AdWords platform. With these applications, advertisers and third parties can more efficiently and creatively manage their large or complex AdWords accounts and campaigns.

Flexible and functional. Use the AdWords API to build the application that meets your needs. Here are some possibilities:

• Automatically generate keywords, ad text, and destination URLs.
  • Integrate AdWords data with your inventory system to manage campaigns based on stock.
  • Develop additional tools and applications to help you manage accounts.