AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Managed placements aren't displaying

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am running 3 different display ad sizes and have selected managed placement over several sites. I've removed other targeting (retargeting and keywords). I've chosen Search Network with Display Select and with a bid strategy focused on clicks allowing Adwords to set the bid. My ads were beginning to show, but now I'm receiving the message "This ad group isn't currently availalbe for serving. Please try again later. Internal error" when I hover over managed status.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Denise

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Managed placements aren't displaying

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Denise,

You are targeting only placements in Search with Display Select, It will not serve the ads. This type of campaign has been introduced in the view of two types of advertisers:
-Advertisers who have some "extra" budget on search, that is not exhausted, and want to try and spend it on the display .
-Advertisers who don't want to get into the complexity of the setting a display campaign.

So, If you pause the keywords, It only targets GDN network, but it will not serve the ads, because it requires keywords to run the ads with managed placements (If you add placements in your campaign).

If you only want to target managed placements, you should choose Display network only campaign.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Managed placements aren't displaying

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rakesh. I'll enable the keywords. I thought I'd reach a broader audience on the managed placements without them, so I'm glad I asked!