AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Managed placements are not receiving impressions or clicks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've already checked this ( https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Display-Ads-No-impressions-in-managed-plac... ) thread and it hasn't helped.

I created a display network only campaign yesterday with a single image ad (300x250) that was approved within an hour after creating the campaign. The campaign is set up to use only managed placements to several sites, with no keywords or other targeting. All of the sites I selected support my image ad size and it is relevant to their audience (ad for a book for book blogs/sites). My daily spend cap is $150 with a test CPC of $30 (I've tried CPCs from $5-$50 with no change). And, yes, my placements have the setting of "Show ads only on these placements" since I'm not using any other targeting. (If I change it to the alternate setting, I receive a warning that my ads won't show.)

All of the campaign properties (ad groups, ads, placements) are showing as running or eligible, yet I have received no impressions. When I try to troubleshoot it I receive the message that "Showing ads right now?" has a status of "No." with a reason of "You don't have enough Google AdSense pageviews yet to diagnose the combination of your current campaign settings and targeting criteria." Increasing the CPC or daily budget limit has proven fruitless and since there are no error messages for me, I'm at a loss as to what the issue is. 

Any suggestions other than to just wait it out? I'm going to contact Google tomorrow, but would appreciate any help or insights in the interim. 

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Managed placements are not receiving impressions or clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello m42blue;

My initial guess, is that you are bidding too low. To check that, I would try to target by contextual targeting (=keywords), instead of placements, and see if you get impressions for the current bid.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Really? You think a bid of $30 per click is too low?

I'm already in the process of testing the keyword idea but I find it hard to believe that $30/click is too low for the front page of a second tier book review website....

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I agree ;

The bid is too high..  Even in competitive markets ;

Try switching to keywords. If it works, then something with your placements settings is incorrect.

How did you set "flexible reach"?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There was never an option while creating the campaign/ad group/ads and other options to set the flexible reach.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi m42blue,

Have you added placements through the Placement tool or have entered directly?

If through tool then for sure these placements are under GDN & if not then possibly they are not & that could be the reason why your ads are not receiving any impression.

~Rehan

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;

To follow with Rehan please also read the following :

About targeting settings on the Display Network;

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1209882&from=2575708&rd=1