AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Managed Placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. When using managed placements, do ads have to match the theme of the website? i.e am I able to show an ad about services for young people on a website about music? Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Managed Placements

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Naomi

your adverts should be about why you are trying to make people go to your website. So if you are selling shoes then it should be about this and then you would choose to put this on websites that would have visitors who may be interested in buying shoes. So in answer to your question you could try to put your advert on a website about music and test how it performs but it would be better putting the advert on websites that are more relevant.

For more information see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/99502?hl=en-GB

Regards

Feilim

Re: Managed Placements

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Naomi D,

If you have keywords in the ad group related to youth services, your ad likely will not show on music sites. Placing these music sites in their own ad group with no keywords should work for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords