AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Managed Placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I created a display network campaign 1-2 days ago and added a couple of sites that I want my ads to run on but have not received a single impression from any of the sites yet.

At first I thought it was the real low bid that I set but I changed that to $1 and then to $2 but still nothing.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Noman A
September 2015

Re: Managed Placements

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Noman A,

Are you using text or image ads?

It's usually a good idea to include at least one text ad in your ad group in case the targeted website does not allow the image sizes you provide.

Do the web sites you are targeting accept image ads (go look at one of their pages that shows ads.)? Are you providing images that size?

Are there also text ads on the site? If there are, be sure to provide at least one text ad in the group. Remember, the size of the text ad is one unit. Image ads take up more than one unit, so you will need to bid higher for image ads than for text ads.

There is also a quality score for the Display Network, but we don't get to see that. AdRank for the DN is the same as for search, QS * MaxBid. Are you using keywords in your ad group? That might help improve the QS for your ad.

That's all I have right now.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Noman A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Noman A,

Are you using text or image ads?

It's usually a good idea to include at least one text ad in your ad group in case the targeted website does not allow the image sizes you provide.

Do the web sites you are targeting accept image ads (go look at one of their pages that shows ads.)? Are you providing images that size?

Are there also text ads on the site? If there are, be sure to provide at least one text ad in the group. Remember, the size of the text ad is one unit. Image ads take up more than one unit, so you will need to bid higher for image ads than for text ads.

There is also a quality score for the Display Network, but we don't get to see that. AdRank for the DN is the same as for search, QS * MaxBid. Are you using keywords in your ad group? That might help improve the QS for your ad.

That's all I have right now.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pete,

I was going to create a new post but I figured I'll ask here. I doing MP (without kw) on a specific page at specific URL. I matched the image size to what the site accepts. My bid is set to $5 CPC. Ad is approved but no impression. It's now 4 days since ad approval.

Here is the strange thing. I also run a broad keyword targeted image ad campaign and I see impressions on that specific page. Do Publishers have the ability to block Advertisers from doing Managed Placements or I am doing something wrong. I see this on quite a few sites where keyword targeted campaigns show ads (at a significantly less CPC) and nothing in MP campaigns.

Thanks,
Marlon

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Marlon,

Yes, better to create your own thread for a new question.

Most likely what's happening is the system considers the keyword match to be more relevant than the placement. I'd add that keyword to your managed placement group.

Best of Luck,

Pete