AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Managed Placements question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I do a managed placement on a lets say, www.example.com.  That includes not only the homepage but all the pages/articles on that site right?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kevinmhealy
September 2015

Re: Managed Placements question

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Kevinmhealy,

Yes, thats right. If you wanted to target specific pages you can add the full URL of the pages you want to target.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kevinmhealy
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Kevinmhealy,

Yes, thats right. If you wanted to target specific pages you can add the full URL of the pages you want to target.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great, thanks.

Re: Managed Placements - where can ad appear on a specific site?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello kevinmhealy;

On each site, in managed placements (on the display network), your ad can appear on a slot allocated by the site owner.

Usually, for big sites, Google lists the internal / specific pages (by topics ): so, you can decide if you want your ad to be eligible to appear on all available pages, or just on those you choose.

-Moshe

[edit]: purefuzz was faster....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kevin,

I have found if i'm using Managed placements & choose for eg www.ebay.com.au, Google will automatically place ads on relevant pages for my products. It also comes down to the publisher & where they have chosen to put adsense ads on there website too. You may find that you cant advertise on the home page but relevant product categories within that  website.

I use Googles placement tool, which you can find under  Tools & analysis in your adwords account. This tool allows you to find managed placements.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Purefuzz,
i ve been trying to add
http://www.indiatimes.com/news/
but that option does not get listed therefore i can't add

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Pradeep,

You can add the

www.indiatimes.com/news/

Here you can follow the process to add the placement

Go to the Display Network Tab.

Click on the Green Button "+Change Display Targeting".

Then Select you ad Groups(if you already selected the Ad Group there is no need to do)

Then Click "Add multiple placements at once" button.

Placement.png

Then a box will appear, where you can add your placement www.indiatimes.com/news/

and save it.

Now i hope, you are able to add your placement in your campaigns.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rakesh. Will google indicate whether a page is a part of the network?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Pradeep,

You can use the Double Click Adplanner to find whether a site is compatible with GDN network

https://www.google.com/adplanner/#siteSearch

so use this try to find the GDN sites.

hope this will help you
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rakesh