AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Managed Placements Not Working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, 
I have set up a new display camapign a few days ago. However, I am having troubles with a managed placements Ad Group. 

and I get a weird message:

"You don't have enough Google AdSense pageviews yet to diagnose the combination of your current campaign settings and targeting criteria."

I do not believe the problem is with lack of placements, as the websites I am targeting are huge and amount for milions of impressions daily. I checked the supported banner sizes on Adplanner - mine are supported. I double checked all my campaign settings to make sure I do not have any other targeting enabled (such as Keywords) that can interfere. I looked on the Adwords forum for solution, but I just can't find what is wrong. I never had such an issue before and will appreciate any ideas or input!

Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Managed Placements Not Working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello theodorU; welcome;

Check this discussion on the same topic;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Why-I-stopped-getting-impressions-from-a-man...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV, 

thanks for the reply. The ad group started generating impressions in the meantime, although I have not changed any of the settings. The impressions are only for few of the managed placements, but I will wait a bit more before trying to tweak it for the others. 

Also, the other weird thing is that, even though I get impessions, when I hover over the status icon, I still get a message which says that my ads are NOT being shown. 

Anyway, thanks for the help and I will update the thread if anythigng changes.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi again theodorU;

I think on some sites you either don't get into the auction (adrank too low), or your ad is not allowed; while on others it is displayed;

Anyway; keep following and keep us posted

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

What changes you made that the impressions started appearing on your ad? I am having the same error, I tried increasing the budget but it still didn't help me.

Tell me what should I do?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Theodoru,

Can you go to these managed placements and check out the various ad slots that are available on them as part of the AdSense program. You should be able to identify them by looking for the adsense logo on the image or banner ads.

If you are able to understand the various ad slots, you will be able to narrow down on the ad size variations that you should using in your campaigns. For example, if the managed placements do not have an ad slot for a 200 * 200 image ad then you do not need to use that particular ad size variation in your targeting.

If you are able to narrow down the image ad sized that your should be concentrating on, you can run your campaign more effectively and should be able to garner more impressions. Just to be sure, also try raising your bids for these image ads and then check if there is any change in the stats recorded.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"