AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Managed Placement Targeting

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone,

I want to know one thing in google adwords(Display Campaigns), if a am using  Placement Target without using - keywords, interests, topics etc. then it will WORK or NOT.

Please help me 

Thanks & Regards

SHYAM SUNDER SHARMA

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Managed Placement Targeting

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shyamsudnerseo,

Welcome to the forum

Yes it will work.Your ad will appear on those sites that you have selected as managed placement.But in some cases i would like to add keywords with managed placement when the content/theme of the sites are too broad like Newspaper sites.Here adding keywords will help to show the ads in the most relevant pages.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author shyamsudnerseo
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I personally prefer always to add keywords in addition to placements to  further narrow the targeting,  to pages (within placements)   which matches the theme of  KWs. (AND condition applies).

But as @Shuva Nandy mentioned - if you rather go with placements alone - this would work

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Wether you will receive impressions or not depends also on the accepted banner sizes and your bid.

Also if you use videos or channels as placements, not all of them accept Ads.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shyamsudnerseo,

Welcome to the forum

Yes it will work.Your ad will appear on those sites that you have selected as managed placement.But in some cases i would like to add keywords with managed placement when the content/theme of the sites are too broad like Newspaper sites.Here adding keywords will help to show the ads in the most relevant pages.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I personally prefer always to add keywords in addition to placements to  further narrow the targeting,  to pages (within placements)   which matches the theme of  KWs. (AND condition applies).

But as @Shuva Nandy mentioned - if you rather go with placements alone - this would work

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Wether you will receive impressions or not depends also on the accepted banner sizes and your bid.

Also if you use videos or channels as placements, not all of them accept Ads.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks @Shuva Nandy

i am also using managed placements with keywords, but i want to know it will work or not..:-)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for your valuable comment..:-)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks @Adrian B