AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

MCC account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was recently accepted into the Google Engage program. It was suggested that I set up a MCC account since I administer several adword accounts. My problem is there seems to be so little information regarding MCC accounts that frankly it amazes me. When searching for help by and large I run into posts that were posted on what appears to be deprecated Google Groups. When any existing link is followed that was posted by a Google employee I get a 404 forbidden page. Really, Is Google breaking its own help links?

The apparent lack of support for a simple set up of an MCC account makes me wonder if I even should venture forward. 

Till now I've had to keep track of several ( 17) Google accounts for each business and the thought of administering these in one place sounds very appealing but, I have my concerns at this point.Is there a seperate help center or place I should be going to? Will I continue to be pointed back to  general Adwords help like I'm in some weird circle? 

If someone here, whether they be a Google employee or not can lead me to the land of non broken help links it would be appreciated. Thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user

I have not set up an MCC, but having access to one makes...

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

I have not set up an MCC, but having access to one makes managing multiple accounts much easier.

I don't know if this would help, or if you have gone through it already...

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704399

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375468

Tom

Thanks tom  I have been to those the second one takes you...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks tom

I have been to those the second one takes you to a broken link and the first one brings you full circle back to adwords

I couldn't go through the whole process, because I alread...

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

I couldn't go through the whole process, because I already have MCC access, but when you are on this page, even though it seems like you are just creating another adwords account, it looks like this is actually for setting up the MCC. When I tried, using my login, it immediately generated an error saying "you already have an mcc". It looks like it's just an adwords account creation page, but try to go through the process, and see if the language doesn't change on page 2+.

Tom

Re: I couldn't go through the whole process, because I alread...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi WilliamO,

The only catch to setting up an MCC is you can't use an email address that is already attached to an AdWords account, whether that is an MCC or regular AdWords account. It will allow you to access all of your accounts with a single login. There are also a few features in MCC that are not available with a regular account.

I don't have an MCC account, so that's about all I can tell you, escept that in your case it's probably a really good idea for you to get an MCC.

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: MCC account

[ Edited ]
Liz
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Liz
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, thanks for posting!

If you head to the following link (http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwords/myclientcenter/) you will be taken to the My Client Center creation page. As noted in a previous post, you will not be able to use an email already associated with one of your AdWords accounts. 

A My Client Center (MCC) account allows you to manage and navigate to each of your AdWords account while using a single login email.  Essentially, I like to consider it an umbrella account that houses multiple managed accounts, which could be very helpful for hyou. 

For more information including steps to create an account (with screenshots), please refer to the following page:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704399

Let me know if you have further questions about this, and I will look out for your reply!

Best,

Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

William,

completely agree with you.

The lack of support for both MCC and Engage is as mystifying as it is appaliing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The issue that arises in doing so (setting up an MCC account with a brand new email address) is that you would effectively have two separate Google accounts now. One original one with your regular email address that has products like your Google + Profile and affiliated pages, Docs, Gmail, Analytics, Webmaster Tools, etc and then a second account with your new email address that has access to Engage and MCC/AdWords.

Is there absolutely no way to be able to migrate one or the other without screwing anything up? (I was just on the phone with a Google employee who cautioned me not to cancel my AdWords account on my original Google email account and to start Engage fresh with a brand new MCC/AdWords account under a new email.

I'm really not a fan of having all my Analytics/Webmaster Tools and other products in a separate login from these new products.

Ho-hum?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hello, be3designs,

Here's how to do it: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/How-to-reuse-an-e-mail-address-for-AdWords...

Good luck!

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really appreciate that link, AdWiser, thank you for supplying it. I'm a little hesitant that it won't work in my case as I signed-up for Engage over the phone and everything was done with a new email address/account so that I could get MCC. The thing is - I don't even need my original AdWords on my regular Google account because I never used it, there is no data to transfer access to. I mainly just don't want the hassle of logging into two separate accounts for different products. Does anybody know if my case still applies to AdWiser's link?

The Google employee on the phone today seemed very adamant that I needed a brand new email address and account to set-up and nothing could be done with my current email/account without the chance of screwing something up along the way.