AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Analytics?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up MCC for clients adwords account. But I'm not sure how I go about doing this for analytics accounts?

I don't want to open a regular analytics account and find that theres a master analytics account that I need to join to. Then end up having to scrub yet another google account in order to do it properly.

Cheers.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: MCC Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello morecaffeine,

Best practices says that you should have separate Google Analytics for separate Adwords account. And then link both of them as mentioned in the above reference by Tom rightly. It actually helps in clear understanding of how your Adwords campaigns have been performing with respect to the web analytics, what time users are spending and what the bounce rate is etc...

In order to avoid time to separately login into Analytics, you can include your MCC email address (i.e the one you use for logging into Adwords MCC for various clients) as an administrator inside all Google Analytics profiles which you create for your clients. By doing this when you go to Google Analytics and login there, you will see all your clients' Analytics accounts under one umbrella, where you can move from one account to another without log in/ log out again and again.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Morecaffeine,

I'm not aware of a 'master' Analytics account set up.  It is still recommended that each child AdWords Account be linked to its own Analytics account.

Also check this link and browse to and expand "Linking Analytics Accounts to My Client Center (MCC) Accounts"

"You cannot link client-manager MCC accounts to an Analytics account, as these top-level MCC accounts contain no AdWords campaign information."

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello morecaffeine,

Best practices says that you should have separate Google Analytics for separate Adwords account. And then link both of them as mentioned in the above reference by Tom rightly. It actually helps in clear understanding of how your Adwords campaigns have been performing with respect to the web analytics, what time users are spending and what the bounce rate is etc...

In order to avoid time to separately login into Analytics, you can include your MCC email address (i.e the one you use for logging into Adwords MCC for various clients) as an administrator inside all Google Analytics profiles which you create for your clients. By doing this when you go to Google Analytics and login there, you will see all your clients' Analytics accounts under one umbrella, where you can move from one account to another without log in/ log out again and again.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pankaj, I have everything set up as you told above. But:

When I go into AdWords section of analytics, I don't see any campaign- or adgroup- specific data, everything is shown as "not set"

What else needs to be set?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I found this data under the "clicks" tab of analytics, but it still does not track visits from adwords

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Ostap,

Please follow the link referred by Tom above about linking/unlinking Adwords with Google Analytics. Go through those steps carefully and identify the root cause. I am sure once you read it, you will be able to fix that issue.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I have a similar problem:

I have an MCC aoocunt and I need to link multiple clinent accounts to 1 single analytics profile.

I have hundreds of clients account so I can't go and link each clients account to the GA profile one by one.

Is there a way to do it?

Is it no possible to link the MCC (containing all client accounts) account at all ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭