AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

MCC / Adwords professional / Adwords account

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

I don't have an MCC account, I've been managing adwords by logging into my clients own gmail account. He was a close friend so he allowed me to do that.

Account 1. New account (can create MCC)
Account 2. Account that has the foundation certificate for adwords professional and an adwords account

Account 3. The adwords account that I have already started using for my own projects.

I need to link my foundation certificate to an MCC account, as I'm troying to do this fast before my PPC job interview, yikes, already written on my CV that I'm individually qualifed, so by interview time I want to be.

What is the best course of action?

Can I close my adwords account in account 2 and open an MCC account.

Failing that can I transfer my foundation pass certificate from account to to account 2?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author morecaffeine
September 2015

Re: MCC / Adwords professional / Adwords account

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

Invite from MCC. It should be done by using the CID - you're gathering your accounts into the MCC.

http://support.google.com/adwords/agency/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=7732

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Friend,

1. Create/use a new login (account 1) just for creation of MCC - you won't need it really after that.

2. Link any Adwords accounts you may be working on to the MCC (friends adwords account, your adwords account etc..).

3. Provide MCC admin access to your Account #2 - This will link your cert with the MCC but if you don't have the 90 day spend you will not have Agency Certified status. This will also allow you to manage all accounts through the MCC with this login.

The individual qualifications can be presented without any of this. By setting up a a Personal Profile or a review of exams.

I hope I understand what you explained properly.  One MCC should be set up and all accounts linked.  Then you can add in any email/logins you wish to the MCC - the important one will be the one with the cert if you're looking for agency status at some point.

If this sounds crazy or you need more assistance, please ask. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks I will try this,  normally Google's services are top noth and make sense, this is complete different.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm still having trouble with this.. I logged into adwords from account 2 and sent invite to account 1 (MCC)..

I received the email to confirm acceptance on the MCC account's emai.. I followed the option

1. Already have a google account

2. I want to use the existing account

Then I get an error message saying "this account alread has adwords [they mean mcc], you cannot sign up"

I didn't select to sign up... I selected to use exisiting account. Maybe there is a bug right now?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author morecaffeine
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

Invite from MCC. It should be done by using the CID - you're gathering your accounts into the MCC.

http://support.google.com/adwords/agency/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=7732

-Tom

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks mate, feel so daft. I kept going to the my account > account access all the time.

Worked perfectly fine

Annother question, now that I've got the accounts linked. I'm going to do the advanced search tonight, will I have 90 days from passing to rack up the minimum spend, or do I just have to make the minimum spend in a 90 day period?

Just for clarification, obviously I full expect to go above and beyond the minimum spend shortly.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

No problem,

Once you're exams are done and the account with the certs is linked to the MCC, you'll only be waiting on the spend.  Once you hit the $10,000 mark, you'll get the Agency cert.  The spend tally starts now, seeing as you just created the MCC.

-Tom