AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Lowering Bids

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client wants to run ads only for 9 hours. He neither wants ad scheduling nor to pause the campaigns. I minimize the bids of keywords to $0.01, but it affects average position when I start ads on next day. What should be the best step? Please help.

Can I reduce the daily budget of the campaign to $1 when the campaign completes 9 hours so that it may not affect quality score as well as ads will stop running. Please suggest..

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lowering Bids

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ruchi, I'm not sure we can help you unless you give us some more information.  Your statement that the client wants to "run ads only for 9 hours" but that "he (doesn't) want ad scheduling" doesn't make sense.  If you want to run Ads only 9 hours a day then Ad Scheduling is the perfect tool to do this.

You'll have to give us some more background on the situation before we can help you properly but at the moment it sounds as though there are some basic misunderstandings in how AdWords works.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I'd agree with Jon here, ad scheduling sounds perfect for this case.

What has your client got against using it?

Another method you could use would be to implement automated rules to decrease and increase the budgets at the times you want. But, if your budget is set to $1 for the other hours, you're still going to get impressions and clicks so it's not running only 9 hours any more...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Adam, 

Yes I have started implementing automated rules and luckily it works.

Thanks for support.