AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Low search terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

A keyword that in an exact match is a low search volume keyword, is eligible to appear on the search results from a broad match keyword?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Low search terms

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Filaretos,

Low Search volume keyword mean that that keyword don't have enough searches to show your ad. Same keyword in broad match will be eligible or not depend on the type of keyword it is or the no. of searches it will have in case of broad match. With most of the keywords case it will be eligible.

But instead of targeting broad match I would suggest you to go with Broad modifier match type this will keep your ad more relevant and targeted. Also there will be less chances that your ad will show up for irrelevant searches.

Cheers,
Nouman

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Filaretos

Since broad match keywords have the widest audience reach, i.e. your ad is eligible to appear whenever a user’s search query includes any word from your broad match keyword, so as per my understanding your ad will be eligible to show on the keyword which is low search volume in exact match.

Since broad match keywords have the widest reach so your ad may be shown on irrelevant keywords or topics, so don't forget to add negative keywords and do check your search query report regularly for any irrelevant search queries.

Abhishek

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Filaretos,

Low Search volume keyword mean that that keyword don't have enough searches to show your ad. Same keyword in broad match will be eligible or not depend on the type of keyword it is or the no. of searches it will have in case of broad match. With most of the keywords case it will be eligible.

But instead of targeting broad match I would suggest you to go with Broad modifier match type this will keep your ad more relevant and targeted. Also there will be less chances that your ad will show up for irrelevant searches.

Cheers,
Nouman

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Filaretos T,

Just to add - keywords may be considered to be low search volume if they register very few Google property searches for a long period of time. However, the 'low search volume' state is only temporary, and these keywords will be reactivated automatically if the system finds that they could start delivering traffic. 

Hope this helps!