AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Low quality score even with matching text

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm really confused by quality score. 

Here is a good example:

This is the ad text:

Virus Removal Service

Virus Removal Experts Available Now

Cal Toll Free 1-111-111-111

Pl. see toll free number is changed.

Now in this case , for broad keyword "Virus Removal Tool" Adwords is showing "Ad Relevance" as Below Average. I've duplicated the Virus Removal keyword both in Title and Body and it should increase the "Ad Relevance".

Here is the bubble info displayed on hovering the mouse. 

What could be the reason of this low relevance?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Low quality score: Recommended Reading

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello utilitiesindia;

I would suggest a few advanced articles on Quality Score to get more "in depth" understanding :

I would start with the two appraised articles by TanmayArora:

Then I would read :

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: Low quality score even with matching text

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same trouble with low quality score even though I have matching text.  If the problem is that my budget is too low then adwords should just say so.  But it keeps telling me that although my add is approved it is not displaying due to low quality and low relevance... Very frustrating

utilitiesindia wrote:

I'm really confused by quality score. 

Here is a good example:

This is the ad text:

Virus Removal Service

Virus Removal Experts Available Now

Cal Toll Free 1-111-111-111

Pl. see toll free number is changed.

Now in this case , for broad keyword "Virus Removal Tool" Adwords is showing "Ad Relevance" as Below Average. I've duplicated the Virus Removal keyword both in Title and Body and it should increase the "Ad Relevance".

Here is the bubble info displayed on hovering the mouse. 

What could be the reason of this low relevance?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello utilitiesindia;

I would suggest a few advanced articles on Quality Score to get more "in depth" understanding :

I would start with the two appraised articles by TanmayArora:

Then I would read :

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Quality Score is largely a function of CTR.  Try a different ad variation.  If you can boost your CTR, you will boost your QS.  Also, you mention using broad match.  Check your search term reports to see the actual searches for which your ads are being shown.  Then, consider using those keywords in your ad text and/or using those keywords as exact or phrase matches (or splitting them into a separate ad group).

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Quality score is calculated every time search query runs. It more about search queries then keywords in the campaigns. Run search query report Keep weeding out irrelevant terms at campaign as well as adgroup level. Quality doea not only depends upon relevancy between keywords and adcopy. Keyword and adcopy is one of the factor that goovle consider when giving qs. It is not necessary that low qualitu score keyword will never convert. In my campaigns even less qs keyowrds converts and bring me business. Do not divert yourself from main goal of your camaign while running after quality score. It is good to have good quality score anf for that as Rball suggested run affter ctr. By improving ur ctr your qs automatcally improves and leads you to less cpc.

Moshe gave very good links, don miss reading them in detail and read between lines to have god qs understanding.

Please excuse typos - using cell phone
Thanks Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Note: This message was removed by the Community Manager.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe but I can't figure out why ad relevance for "virus removal" (broad match) keyword is below average for above text ad.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@RBall I posted here after creating the ads. That is, some keywords got QS of 5 or more and some 2,3,4 etc.

I was thinking that only one parameter could be left out: Historical CTR. Today I've checked that also. For "Virus Removal" (broad match) in Australia the competition is "Medium". It means it's historical CTR can't be that low which will give this keyword of Quality Score of 3 given this text ad( as in first post). As of now I see 0 clicks with 99 Imps for this keyword. In "See Search Terms" there no searches listed for this keyword.

@RBall can you please explain why (as you said) that using search terms within the ad may increase it's QS?

I understand increasing it's CTR is sure way to increase it's quality score.

But currently is there any way I can increase the QS of this keyword without running the impressions of keyword at all?

As I've mentioned just now in above post to Moshe increasing ad relevance of this keyword from below average may help it a bit though, but I'm searching for answer to increasing ad relevance to this keyword.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

utilitiesindia;

It's hard to crack the relevancy algorithm. Keep in mind, that QS is mostly based on CTR data