AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Low quality score, ad's not visible, still getting clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I just took a look at my Ad campaigns' qualtiy scores and most of them say that they aren't active due to their low quality score. How am I still getting clicks??

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Low quality score, ad's not visible, still getting clicks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi marcom,

Are you running a search or display campaign? For search, impressions would come from keywords not marked inactive due to low quality score.

If you are running a combined search and display campaign, clicks may be coming from the display network. In that case, look on the Display Network tab for that.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi marcom,

Are you running a search or display campaign? For search, impressions would come from keywords not marked inactive due to low quality score.

If you are running a combined search and display campaign, clicks may be coming from the display network. In that case, look on the Display Network tab for that.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am getting clicks from both, less from search, but the campaigns are not "showing ads" right now.

can you explain that?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi marcom,

I can explain, to a certain extent. When you use the AdWords UI and hover over the bubble thing, it will tell you whether your ads are showing at that particular moment in time. Same thing for the Ad preview tool, the results are for that moment.

When it says your campaigns are not "showing ads" right now, that's exactly what it means. It could be your daily budget has been used up. It could be that your ads are showing at other times during the day becuase of less competition, lower bids by the competition, or other factors.

When you look at the keyword stats, do you see impressions and clicks there? If so, your ad is showing at some time during the day. You can segment by hour to see when your ads are showing and getting clicks.

Best of Luck!

Pete