AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Low clicks/Low impressions but high CTR

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to know if Google Adwords takes a high CTR into account in its global results even though the keyword only had few impressions and few clicks (example: 10 clicks for 30 impressions - high CTR).

If not, is it then better to put this keyword on pause?

Thanks!

J.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoMo (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Low clicks/Low impressions but high CTR

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Julie,

I think you are talking about quality score here. In general, the performance of a keyword across all accounts is used to establish initial QS. That keyword would need to accumulate at least 1000 impressions before the performance of that keyword in your own account becomes a factor.

If the CTR and conversion rates indicate the keyword is profitable for you, keep the keyword. Otherwise, drop them!

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
What do you mean by "Adwords takes a high CTR into account in its global results"?

The organic search results?
The AdWords results?

Please rephrase your question.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi JulieM,

I am having the same query as Dave_Davis.

But whatever be the reason i would never pause high CTR keyword until unless they are causing me high cost and no conversions. Even then first i prefer to look into search query or reduce bid for the keywords.

Thanks
Neha Gupta
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi gentlemen,

When I talk about global results, I'm talking about the global CTR of your adwords-account Smiley Happy

Sorry about this vague query :-/

Greetings!

JulieM

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Julie,

Yes, it does.

Your account history: The overall CTR of all the ads and keywords in your account.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454010&from=10215&rd=1

Top Contributor
# 6
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoMo (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Julie,

I think you are talking about quality score here. In general, the performance of a keyword across all accounts is used to establish initial QS. That keyword would need to accumulate at least 1000 impressions before the performance of that keyword in your own account becomes a factor.

If the CTR and conversion rates indicate the keyword is profitable for you, keep the keyword. Otherwise, drop them!

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords