AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Low QS keywords reporting ! How?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

So, my question for today is:

Can i make script, automate rule, or anything else, which would work for me, with reporting low performing keywords from my whole MCC account (~ 100 active account's average) on my defined formula basis, like "report keywords with QS lower than 5".

This reporting should run every day, or at least weekly.

Usefull information would be VERY appreciated !!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Low QS keywords reporting ! How?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Yes, you ca add a script that checks your quality scores, on whatever schedule you want.

I would caution you that if you're using Broad, Modified Broad, or even Phrase match, the keyword's quality score can vary dramatically depending on what the last actual search term was that triggered the keyword. I consideri quality score as a metric that's most useful for evaluating overall performance (are average quality scores going up or down) than as something to worry about constantly.

I recommend you check out the Keyword Performance Report script from Google Developers.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, this is not the exactly what i need, but pretty close. Btw script is not working, it comes with error:

TypeError: Cannot call method "getRange" of null. (line 15)

Now, I am using script, which collects account's QS average, of all keywords, every day.

But i would like to have a script, which reports me, only with low QS keywords, so i can remove / optimise them fast.

As i presume, its a too dificult topic here, i would rather open topic in developers forum..

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You can go poke around the Developers' community, yes. There's a lot of great information there.

Or you can write your own script, if you have the skills.

(This topic isn't really too difficult for this forum--I'm just not a script expert personally. I use them but as far as writing my own, I'm still learning. I've dinged some 'experts' though and maybe one of them will see my note and offer some ideas here.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Andre, what you're looking for should be relatively straightforward.  How you'd approach it would depend upon whether you have access to the MCC script beta.  If you do, you could write just a single script that iterates through your Accounts and reports.  If not, you'll need to use an Account-level script and apply it to each Account individually, making sure you work out where the results will go and when so there's no confusion.

However, I'd recommend you head over to the Developers Forum for the details of how to complete the task as the folks there will be able to go into much greater detail than may be possible - or appropriate - here.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits