AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Lots of Clicks in my Display Network, but not so much in my search total.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone,

I recently was reviewing my campaign over the past 6 months and we've had a slight decline in search total clicks (I assume these clicks are the ones that come from persons clicking on the display in a google search). These clicks are not costing us much but the display clicks are. What exactly am I paying for? Where are these being displayed?

Thanks,

Tim

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Lots of Clicks in my Display Network, but not so much in my search total.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you go to the "Display Network" tab in AdWords (You might have to click the little down arrow to the right to enable it), you will see where your ads have been displayed.

You can find out more about the display network here:

http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tim,

Welcome.

Important thing to note here is the conversion rate of the clicks on the display Network, which will finally lead you to cost/conversion.

1 : If cost/conversion on the display network is within your threshold limit, then (in my opinion) it makes sense for you to continue with your present settings and fine tune your campaign ( Tip: Its better to have different campaigns for Search and Display Network Ads). It would be fruitful to note that campaigns on the Search Network are comparatively easier to manage than the ones on the Display Network.

2 : If cost/conversion on the display network is outside your threshold limit, then you should consider pausing/stopping your Display Network campaign and then planning your way forward.

3: Also consider CPM pricing for Display Network.

I hope you will find this useful, do share your comments

Ankit

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you go to the "Display Network" tab in AdWords (You might have to click the little down arrow to the right to enable it), you will see where your ads have been displayed.

You can find out more about the display network here:

http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tim,

Welcome.

Important thing to note here is the conversion rate of the clicks on the display Network, which will finally lead you to cost/conversion.

1 : If cost/conversion on the display network is within your threshold limit, then (in my opinion) it makes sense for you to continue with your present settings and fine tune your campaign ( Tip: Its better to have different campaigns for Search and Display Network Ads). It would be fruitful to note that campaigns on the Search Network are comparatively easier to manage than the ones on the Display Network.

2 : If cost/conversion on the display network is outside your threshold limit, then you should consider pausing/stopping your Display Network campaign and then planning your way forward.

3: Also consider CPM pricing for Display Network.

I hope you will find this useful, do share your comments

Ankit

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Here isi a good guide of how to check up and manage your display network placements:
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404178

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

There's some great reponses here guys! Thanks for helping out! 

Here's also a link that explains the Display Network in a little more detail if it helps make the general situation a bit clearer. 

A.