AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Looking for help in Adwords Script to manage bidding

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

One of our client is looking to implement different bidding strategies for different time zone. Lets for example a same campaign targeting USA will be divided in 4 timezone and all cities in respective time zone will have different bid adjustment on a particular time of the day.

I know i can manage it by creating different campaign for each timezone and manually implementing day parting for each campaign but it will be very difficult to manage for an ecommerce website with over 100s of campaigns.

Is there a way to implement the same with the help of Adwords script? 

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Looking for help in Adwords Script to manage bidding

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jignesh G yes, scripts could do this, although the Campaigns will need to be set up in a particular way.

The Campaigns will need to be set up with their locations in settings as normal, including any cities you want to target; probably the best option is then to use an external Drive spreadsheet to list the States and Cities along with a bid adjustment by time of day.  The script would read the spreadsheet and apply the appropriate bid adjustment.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Looking for help in Adwords Script to manage bidding

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply Jon,

I never tried external drive spreadsheet to list states and cities and manage bids. Can you please share any reference for this - "probably the best option is then to use an external Drive spreadsheet to list the States and Cities along with a bid adjustment by time of day"