AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Looking for a Script that would turn off my campaign when a certain amount is reached

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

Does enyone know about a script that could pause a campaign when a certain amount is spent ? 

I found some but they always have a "budget period", in my case, I would want no period at all. So I don't mind if my budget is spent in 1 day or 1 week, what I want is just to be sure not to exceed my budget (avoiding overspend)

An automated rule could alost do it except it would run only daily, I would need something to run hourly.

Any ideas ? 

Thanks a lot

Cyrille

1 Expert replyverified_user

Looking for a Script that would turn off my campaign when a certain amount is reached

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 2
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Cyrille B

You may create the exact same automated rule for each hour of the day and the rule will run hourly. 

Regards,
Eva

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eva,

I thought about that, but I would have to create 24 rules per campaign, and I have many campaigns I would like to apply the rule to.

Also there is no way to make bulk changes to rules, as far as I know so it would be too much work. My campaign would rune usually for a week or two max.

Any other idea ?

Thanks a lot,

Cyrille