AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Longer headline

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I was trying to create an ad with "Industrial Roofing Contractors" in the title, however it says it's too long (-6 characters), however I can see competitors are using the same title? Can you please advise?

1. Industrial Roofing Contractors‎
    www.roofmanagement.co/Roofing
    Industrial Roof Survey & Report
    From Roof Management. Get In Touch!

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Longer headline

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV
Sorry! Wasn't aware about the Location

I believe Dynamic Keyword Insertion is the only solution.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/74992?hl=en
With DKI, Google allows ads to exceed the 25 character limitation in the headline of ad copy.

Keep in mind that DKI uses keyword lists in ad copy, review keyword list within the selected Ad Group to ensure that the ad copy reads properly to avoid poor grammar or confusing ad copy.

Preeti

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Can you upload a screenshot as an example?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Capture - roofing contractors.PNG

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Against which search term is this ad shown?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Belzona,

About longer text ads for Eastern Europe and Asia
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704441

Character limits for longer text ads
Longer character limits for most languages:

Headline: Up to 30 characters
Description lines: Up to 38 characters each
Display URL: Google can only display up to 35 characters of your display URL, due to limited space. If your display URL is longer than 35 characters, it'll appear shortened when your ad is displayed.

Preeti

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Preeti Rao;

We are talking here about an advertiser in the UK....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV
Sorry! Wasn't aware about the Location

I believe Dynamic Keyword Insertion is the only solution.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/74992?hl=en
With DKI, Google allows ads to exceed the 25 character limitation in the headline of ad copy.

Keep in mind that DKI uses keyword lists in ad copy, review keyword list within the selected Ad Group to ensure that the ad copy reads properly to avoid poor grammar or confusing ad copy.

Preeti

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Preeti Rao;

I agree. This seems to be a DKI, hence my question about the search  query.

(To try and figure which KW  the matched the  query and  used in  DKI)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your responses.
I think the search query that matched this add is "industrial roof/-ing contractors", however when I try to enter "Industrial" as a keyword using DKI it says that it is too long.