AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Longer Headline in my ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just got a sugestion from Google that i can increase my CTR if i make my headline longer in my ad. The probelm is that i can not fit the suggested words that google recomend beacuse it is has to many letters. Cat Mad

4 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Longer Headline in my ad

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi sbozic,

Now it is possible because Google offering a 
Longer headlines for select ads on Google.

To get longer headlines for your ad you need to get highest ranking. If you get highest rank then your ad can be show at the top of the page. Ad's position on the page is determined by your Quality Score and your bid. 

"Ads at the top of the page may look slightly different than ads in other positions on a search results page. For example, when ads appear at the top, they'll appear with a colored background. Ads on the side of the page don't appear with a colored background. In some cases, if we've determined that your first description line is clearly a complete phrase or sentence, we might add part of your description to your headline, creating a longer, more noticeable headline."

For more detail you can visit below link:
http://adwords.blogspot.in/2011/02/longer-headlines-for-select-ads-on.html

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722087&from=6546&rd=1

Just a Thought!

Thanks
Anchal

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sbozic,

Here is longer headlines explained.

You need to end descitpion line one with exclaimation mark, full stop , question mark etc to make it a longer headline. Also longer headlines is eligible when your ad appears in top three slot.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum,

By saying that, they mean to say that you should work harder to show your ad above the natural search engine results. If your ad meets certain criteria based on relevancy and other factors, Google will show your ad above the search engine results, where you can expect longer headlines or longer description lines based on the punctuation you are using.

For example if you put a full stop in first line of description, then top ad will contain longer headline in the sense that first line of description will be appended with your ad title. Similarly, if you don't use full stop, your first line of description will be appended with second line of description below the title.

In order to try and display your ad on top, refer to this article.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi sbozic,

Now it is possible because Google offering a 
Longer headlines for select ads on Google.

To get longer headlines for your ad you need to get highest ranking. If you get highest rank then your ad can be show at the top of the page. Ad's position on the page is determined by your Quality Score and your bid. 

"Ads at the top of the page may look slightly different than ads in other positions on a search results page. For example, when ads appear at the top, they'll appear with a colored background. Ads on the side of the page don't appear with a colored background. In some cases, if we've determined that your first description line is clearly a complete phrase or sentence, we might add part of your description to your headline, creating a longer, more noticeable headline."

For more detail you can visit below link:
http://adwords.blogspot.in/2011/02/longer-headlines-for-select-ads-on.html

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722087&from=6546&rd=1

Just a Thought!

Thanks
Anchal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sbozic,

Here is longer headlines explained.

You need to end descitpion line one with exclaimation mark, full stop , question mark etc to make it a longer headline. Also longer headlines is eligible when your ad appears in top three slot.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Some great thoughts here guys, and yes it is true that having clear punctuation will help your ads show with extended headlines. However, just to clarify, this won't guarantee that your ads will show with these longer headlines, as the unique dynamics of each ad auction will still come in to play and might affect this.

A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the input, i will check out the links everyone have provided. I am top 3 and "Google" says that i have to add a point at the end of description line 1 to be able to have a long headline.

My ad says now on descriotion line 1 - Fotograf Stephan Bozic

The 2 line says - Företagsfotograf i Småland

And Google suggests that it should look like this - Fotograf Stephan Bozic - Företagsfotograf i Småland.

and I cant fit all that on the first line.

Maybe I have missunderstod everything and just have to add a point at the end of the first line and I will get the longer headline automatically?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Sbozic,

Yes you need to end description line 1 by full stop, exclamation mark, question mark etc.

But As Alys pointed "that the unique dynamics of each ad auction will still come in to play and might affect this."

Thanks
Neha

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Sbozic,

That thing they are calling a full stop is what you are calling a point and what I call a period. I think you understand. Place any end-of-sentence punctuation at the end of the second line and it will be appended to your headline when your add shows in a top of page position.

"Maybe I have missunderstod everything and just have to add a point at the end of the first line and I will get the longer headline automatically?" That is correct.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - I have a related but different question. I run a music school. One of my competitors is running this ad, and it's in first position at the top of the page:

Mercer Island Piano Lessons

www.(their site).com

Affordable Private Piano Lessons. Local Teachers. All Ages & levels!

I understand the combining of the headline and the first line of description separated by the hyphen. My question is, how can this competitor get that headline to fit? When I try to type in that same headline in my ad, I'm 2 characters short.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I want to ask you, if you have managed to find out, why some ads can have longer headlines.

I have the same question, the headline has in my case 26 characters - "Červený Kláštor ubytovanie" - see in right column.

For more information I am enclosing picture. Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance

ubytovanie červený kláštor.png