AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Long Tail Keywords dynamically!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Folks,

Here i wanna propose something to scrub your heads a little, as the first challenge for our new Top Contributors Smiley Tongue

With the idea of Dynamic Keyword insertion in mind, what happens when i bid on term: "Green Handbags" and my ad shows {Keyword: Handbags} and the user sees "Green Handbags for sale", now what happens when the user enters "Green handbags model #USA123" the ad will be unable to show the ad with the dynamic keywords since they're too long.

That bein said, Does it make sense to add the keyword: "Green handbags model #USA123" to my bids? or will it only harm my efforts?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Long Tail Keywords dynamically!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jay,

Well, this is a great opportunity for the new contributors, but I'll give you an answer anyway.

Lets say your ad headline is:

{KeyWord:Handbags} for sale.

DKI inserts the keyword on which you bid, not the user's search query. In you scenario here, the keyword "Green Handbags" is the keyword on which you bid, so both queries "Green handbags model #USA12" and "Green handbags model #USA123" will show "Green Handbags for Sale" in your ad. The ad headline would display like this:

Green Handbags for sale

With your current setup, this would behave as outlined above. Now, let's add the keyword (exact match) [Green handbags model #USA123]. In this case, the second query will exact match this new keyword, but it is too long to fit in the headline. Your ad headline will read:

Handbags for sale.

DKI is not the simplest thing to implement. In this case, I might put the exact match in a diiferent ad group without DKI so you can control the headline better--and bid successfully on the longer keyword.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jay,

Well, this is a great opportunity for the new contributors, but I'll give you an answer anyway.

Lets say your ad headline is:

{KeyWord:Handbags} for sale.

DKI inserts the keyword on which you bid, not the user's search query. In you scenario here, the keyword "Green Handbags" is the keyword on which you bid, so both queries "Green handbags model #USA12" and "Green handbags model #USA123" will show "Green Handbags for Sale" in your ad. The ad headline would display like this:

Green Handbags for sale

With your current setup, this would behave as outlined above. Now, let's add the keyword (exact match) [Green handbags model #USA123]. In this case, the second query will exact match this new keyword, but it is too long to fit in the headline. Your ad headline will read:

Handbags for sale.

DKI is not the simplest thing to implement. In this case, I might put the exact match in a diiferent ad group without DKI so you can control the headline better--and bid successfully on the longer keyword.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great advice Pete,

To add onto what he said. The kdi is meant to improve your ctr by making your ads relevant. But why stop there?

If you know there is high search volume for green bag model ##### you would want to target that audience. To do so you could create a new adgroup with ads for greenbag model #####. If you do that, remember to make #### be a negative keyword for your green bag adgroup so they dont compete