AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Locations

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords ppl,

Because I offer internet connection and I dont cover whole country by my internet connection. It would be better to focus my ads in areas where I offer the internet conection.

Btw Im doing it for Slovakia (small)

So in Ad Group Settings - Locations - Advanced search I could selet country but not city. Region isnt good for me.

So its posible to draw areas on map where I want ma add to be shown?

And how precize is it, does it make sence to do it for such small cities?

Thank you

Find me at Google+ l LinkedIn

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas,

If I am not mistaken here you are talking about country Slovakia here. I did a little research and found that only country level targeting is possible for this country and you cannot have state, city, county or region level location targeting for this country as per this spread sheet given in the Adwords help center.

So I would suggest you to keep it as it is and in addition to this, try looking for the region based keywords from keyword tool or the new keyword planner tool and include those keywords inside your campaign so that you don't miss the traffic from the people who have regional interest.

Also, review the search queries from time to time so that you can get hold of irrelevant terms and include them as negatives to prevent unwanted traffic to your ads.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas,

If I am not mistaken here you are talking about country Slovakia here. I did a little research and found that only country level targeting is possible for this country and you cannot have state, city, county or region level location targeting for this country as per this spread sheet given in the Adwords help center.

So I would suggest you to keep it as it is and in addition to this, try looking for the region based keywords from keyword tool or the new keyword planner tool and include those keywords inside your campaign so that you don't miss the traffic from the people who have regional interest.

Also, review the search queries from time to time so that you can get hold of irrelevant terms and include them as negatives to prevent unwanted traffic to your ads.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Its really sad it like that. 

coz I have very good CTR, CPC ... but Conversions are really bad.

I see that in my order system ppl leaving because of the region problem.

I see in Austria even small willage are separated but in Slovakia even capaital city could not be separate

- Lukas

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Lukas, you might expect changes and improvements in near future because Adwords Engineers keep working on making Adwords more and more refine everyday Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I hope so Smiley Happy

- Lukas

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I subscribed to this just to see the solution, since my adwords didn;t show up any smaller location setting for this country Smiley Happy

Pankaj went to a lot of trouble to digg up this info sheet, 10+ for him Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I hope there will be a solution soon coz it taking me a lot of money and Austria which is next door has not this prob.

- Lukas