AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Locations and schedulling!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi and thanks again for steering me in the right direction guys.

So, as I suspected, my location was in fact set for the UK only. but, because I didn't specify searches from this location only about 20% of impressions were seen in other countries. My mistake.....I'll call it a schoolboy error!

Now, schedulling.......this is a different thing altogether!

Because I have the bid set on automatic, I am not able to set my own timings which means I must manually set my bids for clicks. The thought is quite daunting and my head is already on overload.

I really want to maximise my exposure and the night time impressions aren't much value at all.

So, how does "manualy setting my bids for clicks" work?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Locations and schedulling!

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

With manually setting bids you set a default bid for all keywords in the ad group (when you create the ad group, or adjust it later) and then you can manually change the bid for each keyword in the column next to the keywords.

You can also have automatic bidding but with a limit for how expensive the clicks may get (Campaign Settings - Bidding and Budget - Bidding Option - Advanced Options)

Setting a max bid means you will never pay more then your bid, but because of Googles smart auction bidding, you probably pay a lower price most of the time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response.

So is it worth me manually adjusting the bids so that I can set the time restraints for impression exposure?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Manual bid won´t put any time restrain. For that you need to use ad scheduling.