AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location targeting in Greece other than geomodified keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Since IP-targeting is not available in Greece, I still would like to target on location. I understand that I can use geomodified kw's (match on intent, not on IP address), BUT... I also would like to be able to target a specific area without explicitly mentioning the city. 

Question: how can I target a user in the surroundings of for instance Athens, who searches on "pizza" (or better maybe "moussaka" ;-) without the geomodifier "Athens" in the search query???

Is is possible and if so, how?

Very many thanks for your reply, Maron Dijkslag (Matchcraft)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maron D
September 2015

Re: Location targeting in Greece other than geomodified keywords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maron,

I was going through this detailed doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoXclFw9v2cWdEtuZUJPY1dhR0RmQ2tvZkxPeVMxT1E#gid=0) containing list of all the countries and saw that Greece only has the option to be targeted at country level only.

Hence, I am afraid but I think the only way out would be to identify the regional keywords and try to use them if possible.

There might be changes in near future where you might be able to opt in for other localized targeting possiblities for Greece like city level, region level, state level etc...

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maron D
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maron,

I was going through this detailed doc (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoXclFw9v2cWdEtuZUJPY1dhR0RmQ2tvZkxPeVMxT1E#gid=0) containing list of all the countries and saw that Greece only has the option to be targeted at country level only.

Hence, I am afraid but I think the only way out would be to identify the regional keywords and try to use them if possible.

There might be changes in near future where you might be able to opt in for other localized targeting possiblities for Greece like city level, region level, state level etc...

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Maron,

For Pizza business, the best way to target your customers is using "Radius Targeting" in camapign setting.

Go to the campaign setting > Location > Edit > Advanced Search.

Now on the top select Radius Targeting. In the search box type "Athens" select the redius of you choice and search.

On the left side you will see the location under a circle. If this is the correct one click ADD and then Save.

You are done here!! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was afraid so. Thanks for your reply anyways :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your reply. But the problem is that radius targeting in Greece has no use, because it's based on IP-address and IP-targeting is not possible in Greece. IP addresses are not related to a location and targeting in Google is only possible on country level :-(