AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location probelm in SVK

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

mostly I create  google ads for Slovakia (SVK). The problem which I have is that I can NOT set location.

I play with messages which are shown and KW to prevent people to not to click on it.

That is my way how I pay only for relevan clicks.

The problem is that my ads are also shown in places  which are not relevant for me. So if my message "Fast internet in Bratislava" is shown in Kosice, nobody there click on it and my CTR is going down.

How can I solve the CTR problem?

Find me at Google+ l LinkedIn

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location probelm in SVK

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Since all the advertisers in your country have the same problem, all the QSes are affected by this so your low CTR is perhaps the same low CTR of the other advertisers.

The optimisations that you already made are good. The only thing you can do is to tweak what you can control.

Recently the QS was announced to be influenced by extensions so try to use as many extensions as you can, especially sitelinks with descriptions.

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/10/improving-ad-rank.html

Include Locations in the extension titles too, besides the Ad itself , if the Ad is already in the top 3 positions it will show with sitelinks. Create long sitelink headlines, as long as you can.

Use in Search campaigns 2-3 Ads per ad group and every week pause the low performing Ad and create another. If you have 10-20 Ads , their rotation dilutes the CTR but if you have 2 ads they each get a bigger share of the impressions and it is easier to decide which receives the most clicks.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Adrian,

yes Im doing all what you said Smiley Happy now I feel better that I have been working on 100%.
If anyone has any other good ideas please shere them with me.

Lukas
- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;
This is a known issue in many European countries - old telecom infrastructure that cannot assign a proper IP address of the user's physical location.
The way to overcome it is to target by intent only (as you said: to include location name in the KW), and use location names as negative KW.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Perhaps you need to tackle this from the other side? I never target countries, I always slice and dice them (as it were). You're targeting Bratislava - so target Bratislava!

Forget Slovakia; target Bratislava and wherever else you're demographic is likely to live. You can add geographical locations - it's hard work as you have to add them manually though. The data you'll get will be well worth the extra effort as you can feed this back into your ads and landing pages for a better response (= better CTR, better QS, lower CPC, the whole caboodle)

Does this help?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Gemma, he doesn't have the choice of city targeting in Slovakia.

Another idea that comes to mind is to use the Segment button in your keywords tab to segment by device and by network. Maybe the low CTR is averaged by a low CTR only in the Mobile devices or only in the "Search partners" network and you have a good CTR for desktops and tablets.

Also segment by "Top vs Other" and you may find that some keywords which appear mostly on the "other" side, have a much lower CTR and it would help to raise the bid to appear on the "top" where the CTR is higher.

Also segment by "Search terms match type" and you will notice that a BMM keyword receives a high CTR on its exact match variation and this means that you either do not have the exact match keyword too or you have bidded too low on the exact match keyword. Even a phrase match keyword can receive clicks for the exact match search term.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@  Gemma;

I checked for Lukas before posting.... Smiley Surprised

In Slovenia, you can only target by county; No city targeting; no Geo is targeting by region; (e.g Bratislava)

Thus, only targeting by intent would work;

Here is the full list of Geo targeting availability by countries.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoXclFw9v2cWdEtuZUJPY1dhR0RmQ2tvZkxPeVMxT1E#gid=0

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Adrian, I'm sorry, I had no idea! Thanks for your input too - that will definitely help.

Targeting in some way WILL improve results.