AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location extensions with multiple physical locations on ad group level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The business for which I am running AdWords account has 12 physical locations (offices) in 10 different cities. I have divided the different offices in different ad groups. I want when a customer searches for "(company name) office London" to show in addition to my office ad, the location of the London office. There aren't any location extensions set up separately at the campaign or account level. The company has 1 website and the landing page for the offices is the contact page. I want to set location extensions on ad group level, but when I go to the first Ad Group -> Ad Extensions -> View "Location Extensions" and there I see this text:

"Your account doesn't have any location extensions.

Add account location extension

... and there is no option for adding a location extension on ad group level, only account level. How can I do what I want to do? 

Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Have you set up your locations in GMB? https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Yuliyan,

Which location extensions that are displayed to a searcher are up to Google's algorithm. So rather than assigning a location extension to a particular keyword/location/ad group, Google decides which one to show. I'm sure Google takes keyword and the searcher's location when making the decision.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yuliyan V
November 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

If you have your GMB account linked, then you can go to the adgroup level, + location extension. Then you should be able to choose which location to use specifically for that adgroup. I don't remember having this option previously... Maybe I'm wrong, but this could be new????

Tom