AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location bid adjustment for mobile users only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm going to try and keep this short and clear.  

Say I want to boost location bids on users within 10 miles of all my Locations,   but I ONLY want to boost bids in those locations for Mobile users?   

Any recommendations? 

Lets say I duplicate a campaign that uses $1 bids,  set base bids on the duplicate campaign to .50 cents,  Then boost mobile bids by say 100%.   Then I set my locations on the new campaign and boost location bids.  Do you think this would have the effect of giving mobile users in my locations a much higher impression rate,  while allowing my desktop users to remain about the same level?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin S
February 2016

Re: Location bid adjustment for mobile users only

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Kevin,

Better option is duplicate the campaign and change all the ads to mobile preferred in the new campaign. Now use location bid adjustment to this new campaign.
At the same time, make device(mobile) bid adjustment to your current campaign to -100% to avoid searches on mobile from that campaign.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin S
February 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Kevin,

Better option is duplicate the campaign and change all the ads to mobile preferred in the new campaign. Now use location bid adjustment to this new campaign.
At the same time, make device(mobile) bid adjustment to your current campaign to -100% to avoid searches on mobile from that campaign.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kevin,

There is more option to add to what Archit has recommended. There is an option available under Adwords Editor which allow you to specifically bid on mobile devices. In that you can target by Browsers, Operating Systems and Service Providers. Attaching the screenshot for that.

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Perfect! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anurag,

Does this still only apply to the content network though? Or has that changed?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Applicable for search as well.

Regards