AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location bid adjustment for 1 country

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a campaign for all countries, but I want to increase the bids for one specific country.  I don't think this is possible.  As soon as I add a country, all other countries are excluded.  Do I have to create 2 almost identical campaigns?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location bid adjustment for 1 country

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

please skip this message 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

If you upgraded to enhanced campaigns, you can do that using location bid adjustments;;

Read more an article by our Top Contributor; Jon;

Enhanced Campaign Location Bid Adjustments

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is already an enhanced campaign and I know how to add a country and a bid adjustment, but as soon as I do, all other countries are excluded.  I've been told privately that it's not possible and I would have to create 2 campaigns which seems silly to me.  There should be a country called "All Countries" or similar.  I suppose I could add every country in the world to the listif I had a list of every country.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

NO;

This should work;

Something in your setting is wrong;

Follow the detailed instructions in the following link, or on Jon's article (my first reply);

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2732132?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I'm following the instructions, except I have no locations loaded so I cannot add a bid adjustment to any location.  It currently says "Showing ads in all countries and territories".

The instructions don't mention to add a location for the country I want to increase the bids.  When I add a country, I no longer see "Showing ads in all countries and territories", only the 1 country I have added appears.  I'm pretty sure if I save these changes, my ads will only be seen in this one country.

If you are saying that is incorrect then I'll try it, but I don't want to miss out on ads not appearing in other countries for too long.   If you can guarantee I am incorrect then I'll try and let you know.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;

This is a peer-to-peer community, based on users know-how and expertise. This is not a pro service. (If it were, I would ask to get access to your account, and troubleshoot your specific case). Thus, we cannot guarantee, We can only advise. Smiley Surprised

-Moshe

Ross L wrote:

If you are saying that is incorrect then I'll try it, but I don't want to miss out on ads not appearing in other countries for too long.   If you can guarantee I am incorrect then I'll try and let you know.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm 99.9% sure it will limit impressions to that 1 country only.  what I have done is downloaded all the location data from Google and extracted all the countries and added them to the list.  207 from memory.  So now I can add a percentage to the bids for one country.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Are you Geo-targeting 207 countries in one language and one landing page ....?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes we are.  If anyone understands the ad in English then they are welcome to click on it.  We get customers from all over the world in non-native English speaking countries, but these customers are either originally from English speaking countries or know enough English to get by.