AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it better to create one generic ad and select multiple location / cities for targeting?

Like in home fitness, then select the multiple cities, Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga....

Or

Create different campaigns for each city and not do location targeting?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location Targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

If you have the resources and time, I would customize / tailor the campaigns for each location; I am sure you can have a call to action tailored specifically to each location (vs. a generic one).

But, again; It's also a matter of time and resources. Both in setting campaigns and in managing them.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

One thing you could try would be to run the campaign targeting a lot of locations for a little while, then run your geographic report and based on this you could set up campaigns specifically for your most popular locations. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Nice idea by Alys;

I Haven't thought about that...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’