AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to have a location extension without showing a physical address or at least a way to show up in nearby searches without showing the address?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael H
September 2015

Re: Location Extensions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Not super sure why you would want to do that - the purpose of a location extension is to direct people to your physical location. What is your goal here?

I don't know of any way you can opt out of part of a location extension, like only show the city for example, but not the street address. All addresses have to be complete and verified to run location extensions to begin with.
If you only want to reach people within a certain distance from your location, but not show a location, try radius targeting and adjusting your text ad copy to indicate you are nearby without showing a location ad.
You may also want to bid on related keywords with "near me", "near by", or in your specific city or neighborhood included, such as "car mechanics in downtown", or "East Side pet sitting" and again include that you are nearby in the ad copy itself.

Re: Location Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I'll have to look at trying radius targeting.