AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location Extensions when Adwords is different email to business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The Short Version:

We were recently upgraded to automatic location extensions however our adwords account is with one gmail address, and our My Business account is with another. We currently have no option to switch back to manual location setting, so this solution https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Location-Extension/m-p/341614/highlight/tr... is apparently not an option. Any ideas what we can do here, without moving Adwords to the My Business or our My Business to the Adwords?

The Long Version:

This is why we don't want to make the account switch:

Years ago, before Google had amalgamated so many of their services, we had an adwords account and a youtube account, out of necessity (didn't want the people working on our videos to have access to our ads, etc). And, for less good reasons, we had a separate google places account.

When google began fooling around with google+, we set up a google+ account to go in line with our Youtube channel, because we thought that was the reasonable thing to do. And then Google places met plus, or whatever happened, and so we had to move our YouTube account tied to our Google places (now 'local', correct?).

(Why?, well because we spent many man-hours trying to figure out how we could change ownership of our YouTube account so that it and our google local / business listing would be with with the main account, not with the original YouTube account, but we could not solve this problem. So it stayed separate.)

So now we are being told that our adwords need to be tied to our my business, and obviously they are not. But when we try to change our adwords' address, it says we have already claimed that business (which is true, that is our YouTube account).

So how to bring these two together without having to re-upload every single YouTube video, or to completely re-launch our Adwords? Is it possible?

Thanks very much for any and all feedback.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Location Extensions when Adwords is different email to business

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Immigroup,

I think, even though you canceled the empty AdWords account, it may still have to have an email associated with it. You may be able to get AdWords support to associate another email to it, so that you can truly free up your YouTube email.

In any case, I think it would be good to chat with AdWords support, if you haven't already. They may have more options on the back-end, especially if anything has to happen manually.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Immigroup, have you tried simply adding your Business/YouTube Account as another user to your AdWords Account?  Off the top of my head I can't be certain if this will provide the right level of access to the Business data (or YouTube for that matter), but if you are now able to add this Account as an admin, it's worth checking.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Here is another discussion about verifying a business location:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/location-extensions-for-multiple-accounts/...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe. Unfortunately our Adwords account is the one linked to Webmaster tools, not the Youtube account, though I will try adding giving it access and see what happens.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jon. Will give it a try.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again,

So it turns out that way back when someone must have used our youtube account to at signup for adwords (though no campaigns were set up) and so now google is saying we cannot give it access to our main account. I cancelled the associated adwords account but that appears to have done nothing:access-to-1-account.png

I will try again tomorrow, I guess.

Thanks again,

Riley

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still not able to link the two accounts, so I guess it didn't work as a solution.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Immigroup,

I think, even though you canceled the empty AdWords account, it may still have to have an email associated with it. You may be able to get AdWords support to associate another email to it, so that you can truly free up your YouTube email.

In any case, I think it would be good to chat with AdWords support, if you haven't already. They may have more options on the back-end, especially if anything has to happen manually.

Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Amy