AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location Extension without a physical Location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to enable an array of location extensions without a physical location?

I advertise for a client who services multiple *specific* zip codes, in multiple states, through a single 1-800 Call-center.

I have targetted the appropriate zip-codes within the Targetting feature.

Yet, I would also like to implement {lb.postalCodeSmiley Very Happyefault} in the Ad-text, with respect to the appropriate Zip-code.

The only way to allow this, from what I can tell, is to simply input a physical address for each zipcode (regardless if it exists).

Not sure this is feasible with 7000 zipcodes.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Location Extension without a physical Location?

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Location Extensions are intended to be for physical locations only. They're meant as a way to help guide customers to your front door if they are in the local area. I wouldn't recommend adding in Location Extensions if you don't have a physical location to advertise. 

A.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm sure there is probably a techincal work around that you could come up with, but on the face of it I'd say you shouldn't do this...

Location extensions are meant literally, so the fact that there's a call centre potentially 500 miles from where the user is searching for a service doesn't qualify as them being in that 'location' physically, in my opinion.

I realise that doesn't answer your question as such, but will hopefully cause you to think twice before potentially mis-leading searchers.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Location Extensions are intended to be for physical locations only. They're meant as a way to help guide customers to your front door if they are in the local area. I wouldn't recommend adding in Location Extensions if you don't have a physical location to advertise. 

A.