AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location Extension at the Campaign Level, rather than the Account Level?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am attempting to add a location for GMB to two of my campaigns.  However, when I add the GMB location, I am not able to prevent the Location Extension from being enabled on the Account Level.  

This means, that all my Campaigns within my Account can view the Location Extension, rather than just the Campaigns that I intend for it to.  I went through and removed the Location Extension from each Campaign that I didn't want it to show for, and the image below illustrates the result: The Campaign is still using a location extension at the Account level. 

location ext.pngAny support on this would really be appreciated. 

Re: Location Extension at the Campaign Level, rather than the Account Level?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Alex C,

Unfortunately, adding a GMB location to a campaign makes it so that the entire account can view the location extension. However, there are filters that you can create to help separate the locations.

Here is a source I found that I hope you find useful.

"Filter your addresses for location extensions"

I hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Jillian S I was wondering, if you know of a way to add a store location that is not GMB? From what I am reading, it seems like before GMB was linked to AdWords there may have been another way to link campaigns to locations.  

I'm not opposed to adding a Location to my add if its not GMB, I just don't know where the Location data would be sourced from if it wasn't GMB.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Alex C,

There used to be a way to manually insert location extensions. However, with the ability to sync Google My Business locations, we are no longer able to apply locations any other way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alex, please note that the URL doesn't work "unexpected error".