AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location Extension Addresses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Quick question. Does anyone know whether or not it is acceptable to modify your address slightly for use in location extensions? E.g. writing "off Green Street" if you know it will help users to get more of an understanding of your location.

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ScottyD (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Location Extension Addresses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both.

I tried to edit the location extension with an extra piece of information, but Editor tells me the address is invalid, so that pretty much answers my question for me!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Louise,

I have never come across any information discussing the address content or structure, you are only clarifying your position to customers as you have stated so I doubt there is any problem in doing that. I personally suggest that you go ahead and do it, the worst case scenario is that an error will come up or you will receive a notification of some sort.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Louise,

These ad extensions are meant to improve the online user's experience when they tend to see your ad along with these enhancements. Location extensions are helpful in the sense that you want them to get the directions and actual distance where you are actually located so that if they want, they can visit you for the required services.

In my opinion, if you happen to link your Places account with Adwords to trigger the location extension, it is advisable to make the respective changes in your Places account first, then claim your listing and after that link it with your Adwords campaigns.

However in case of manually adding the location extension, you can include the appropriate address and make the changes whatever are required as Scott also mentioned above.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ScottyD (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you both.

I tried to edit the location extension with an extra piece of information, but Editor tells me the address is invalid, so that pretty much answers my question for me!