AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Location Change to Running Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Started my first ad.  Now realize that the location is a radius (25km) and want to change that to specific area.  Tried but alert says "this campaign cannot be modified in Google Adwords".  How do I change the location settings?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Location Change to Running Ad

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

The message you're seeing appears when you've created a campaign in AdWords Express but are trying to modify it in the general AdWords interface. You need to go back to your AdWords Express/Local Places account and edit the campaign there, where you started it. (Although you can see the data for an AdWords Express campaign in the general AdWords interface, they're actually two different products.)

If that doesn't work or if you did actually create your account and your campaign in the AdWords UI, please post again.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

The message you're seeing appears when you've created a campaign in AdWords Express but are trying to modify it in the general AdWords interface. You need to go back to your AdWords Express/Local Places account and edit the campaign there, where you started it. (Although you can see the data for an AdWords Express campaign in the general AdWords interface, they're actually two different products.)

If that doesn't work or if you did actually create your account and your campaign in the AdWords UI, please post again.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thks.  That makes sense and works.  However, I'm not able to change the radius and/or campaign targetted locations from that interface.  Do I need to cancel the ad and re-submit?