AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Local Targeting with New features

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Friends,

I wonder since i am advertising my Keywords on a national level and i have Showrooms in many different locations, and i always wanted to advertise them more locally but the only option was the Location extension.

Now with the new Zip Code Tageting i want to set up a Campaign and advertise the Exact same set of keywords that i use nationally, but with a more personal touch, so, Does it make sense to advertise "Running Shoes" and then Create a new campaign "Running shoes California" and advertise on Keyword "Running shoes" and state in the ad "visit our store" ?

Anyone who will help me will be appreciated....!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Local Targeting with New features

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

JaybTiger;

Sure;

What you are, in fact, doing is switching from targeting by intent (including you region in a keyword term) intogeo-targeting and targeting by intent.

By that, you "kill two birds with one stone": With the new targeting method in place, if you geo-target California, the default would be, to show your ad, to both people physically in CA looking for shoes OR those who include CA as their search intent.

Alternately, you could do that with DK.I (But that is a different approach than targeting. I will leave it to you to search the many other discussions held on DKI)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Local Targeting with New features

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

JaybTiger;

Sure;

What you are, in fact, doing is switching from targeting by intent (including you region in a keyword term) intogeo-targeting and targeting by intent.

By that, you "kill two birds with one stone": With the new targeting method in place, if you geo-target California, the default would be, to show your ad, to both people physically in CA looking for shoes OR those who include CA as their search intent.

Alternately, you could do that with DK.I (But that is a different approach than targeting. I will leave it to you to search the many other discussions held on DKI)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’