AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Linking an agency adwords account to a client google analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are an agency who manage client adwords accounts.  One of our clients would like to be able to see their adwords results in their own Google Analytics account.  Is this possible?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking an agency adwords account to a client google analytics account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Amy,

I guess this would depend on how your agency set up the AdWords and Analytics accounts.  Personally, I always try to set up AdWords Accounts so they are independent and can be viewed by my clients directly.  Based on my set up, I can link my clients Analytics Accounts directly to their AdWords accounts and provide them admin access to both. This way I provide full data sets and transparency to my clients.

If your clients have Analytics Accounts set up and they are linked to the AdWords Accounts properly, your client should have no issues viewing AdWords data in their Analytics Accounts.

Also, as a side note, Google just recently announced that more Analytics Data can be viewed directly inside of the AdWords reporting.

Does that help?  Do you need more specific details?  If so, could you please elaborate a little on how you have your clients AdWords and Analytics accounts set up, please?

Cheers!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Linking an agency adwords account to a client google analytics account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Amy,

As an agency I'm surprised someone there hasn't figured this out!

IMO, what you should be doing with every account is manage them through an MCC account. Set up each client account so the client has access to their own account. That does necessarily have to be admin access, but that makes things a little simpler to manage.

And, when you do this, the poor performance of one client does not affect yoru other clients.

You'll need an email address that is not already in use by and other AdWords account to open your MCC account. I think it will make your life much easier.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords