AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Linking AdWords directly to Google Ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage a company website where we have the following problem:
We have a list of AdWords a, b, c, d... etc, which we desire to link to their respective ads, which we have created;

a1, b2, c2, d2 etc.

When I search for my company's name on Google search, adword "a" matches the ad "c2" or "d2" when it is supposed to match "a2". How can I fix this? In other words: How do I link my ads to specific AdWords from my adwords list.

Thank you in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking AdWords directly to Google Ads.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Njensen 7

I assume that when you say "We have a list of AdWords a, b, c, d... etc", you mean Keywords? I think the problem may be how you have structured your AdWords account. In other words have you created multiple ads within the same/one Ad Group? Apologies if I am barking up the wrong tree. 

"We have a list of AdWords a, b, c, d... etc, which we desire to link to their respective ads, which we have created;

a1, b2, c2, d2 etc." - depending on the automony you require for each ad or indeed keyword, keywords a and ad a1 etc. should be placed in seperate Ad Groups or even seperate Ad Campaigns, again, as I said, depending on the automony or level of control that is required. 

An AdWords account hierarchy is structured with three levels, in the following order,

1. Account Level

2. Campaign Level

3. Ad Level

The diagram below shows the account structure and the settings that are applied at each level. In summary:

• At the account level, your account is associated with a unique email address, password and billing information.
  • At the campaign level, you choose your daily budget, geographic targeting, syndication preference and start and end dates.
  • At the Ad Group level, you create ads and choose keywords. You can also select a maximum cost-per-click (CPC) for the Ad Group or for individual keywords.

Within each Ad Group, you create one or more ads and select a set of keywords to trigger those ads. Each Ad Group runs on one set of keywords. If you create multiple ads in an Ad Group, the ads will rotate evenly for those keywords, unless you have changed your Ad Rotation settings within Google AdWords. You can read more about the "Ad Rotation" feature here.

Account
Unique email address
Password
Billing information

Campaign

Campaign
Daily budget
Geo-targeting
Syndication preference
Start and end dates

Daily budget
Geo-targeting
Syndication preference
Start and end dates

Ad Group
Ad Group

Ad Group
Ad Group
One set of keywords
One or more ads
One set of keywords
One or more ads

One set of keywords
One or more ads
One set of keywords
One or more ads

Hope this was helpful and not completely off the mark.

Dave

Re: Linking AdWords directly to Google Ads.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Just picking up on what Dave said, I think he's on the right path here, you would create separate ad groups for keywords "a" and ads "a", and then another ad group foe keywords "b" and ads "b", etc.

This is the only way to ensure that your "a" keywords will only be triggering your "a" ads, and your "b" keywords triggering your "b" ads, and so on. 

A.