AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Linking AdWords Location Extensions to My Business Acccount

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I manage an AdWords account on behalf of my client. They manage their Google My Business account. They have added me as a manager to the My Business account.

I am trying to set their correct location in the AdWords location extensions.

When I go to add a new location extension, the setup process says '0 locations will be synced.' (Which is odd as there a location set in the My Business account) There is a link to 'Add locations.'

Clicking that link opens the My Business account and I select the company and 'Add a single location'.

I find the business and the message appears: 'someone else has already verified the listing.' and it prompts me on whether I want to request ownership?

Following on from that it prompts me to 'contact the current Google business owner to add you as a manager or to transfer ownership.' I am already a manager of the acccount so I'm not sure why this would be.

So at the moment I can't add the location into the AdWords account and configure the extensions, any idea on how I could rectify this?

Regards,

Jonathan.

Re: Linking AdWords Location Extensions to My Business Acccount

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jonathan,

Please find below the steps for link Location Extension through Client My Business Account and Manually.

Add Location Extensions through My Business Account:-

You are using a different Google account, you will have to first assign it as Manager in your Google My Business account, so that you can sync both platforms using single sign in.

Please find below the URL of the screenshot for more details:-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLZ3QtQWVIa3BTSms/view?usp=sharing

Add Location Extensions Manually:-

You can manage your Location Extensions Manually if you are unable to link your Client business page.

I am managing multiple account within my Agency MCC and I have entered business address manually for individual AdWords account as per Attached PDF steps.

I tried to upload here multiple time those steps but due error i have attached in PDF  file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLMGNKZ1NTbG1iMzQ/view?usp=sharing 

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Anand.

The account for AdWords and My Business is the same and isn't syncing so the first option isn't applicable.

The manual addition of a location extension was a great idea and got my hopes up. I just ran through the process but there is no option on the pop window as per the 3rd step in your instructions to "..use a manual location feed"

I wonder if this option has been removed by Google?

Regards,
Jonathan.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jonathan,

Could you please share the screenshot at 3 steps so that i will recommend you solutions.

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anand, 

No problem, I have attached the window I see at step 3:.

AdWordsScreenshotAdWordsScreenshot

You can see there is no link to add manual location feed. Any idea on how I could resolve this? 

Thanks for you time again.

Regards, 

Jonathan

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jonathan,

Please remove your existing Google My Business Account (which you don't have any location) from Location Extensions then you will be able to see that option.

As i have to seen you have already tried to add location from Google My Business so, please remove first that one.

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

Sorry for the delay, getting back to this – what is the process for removing or unlinking the existing My Business Account from the Adwords account? It doesn't seem to be obvious! (to me)

Regards,
Jonathan.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jonathan,

Are you doing this in Individual Account Level ?

Please cross check my screenshot where i am trying to add and getting option in Individual AdWords account. Please find below the screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPz51L7FejLbDk2VnV6bV9UdGs/view?usp=sharing

Please try to do this in individual AdWords account.

Please let me know if you have any query?

Thanks,

Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Yes it is at the account level. Still don't receive that option as I suspect it is because the AdWords account is still linked to the Google My Business account.

I cannot find any option to un-link the Google My Business account from the AdWords account. I have searched extensively to find this and am wondering if there is actually a way to do this or if Google have made deliberately made it difficult to do...

Regards,
Jonathan.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan A
June 2016

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jonathan,

This will option is available only when you manage a single or multiple AdWords account through MCC. If you are managing your AdWords account by login into Advertiser AdWords account through your email id then you will not get this option.

Do you have Admin Access of your AdWords account if yes then you can add Client My Business Page (as you have already manager access of client My Business Page) in location extensions. If you don't have admin access of AdWords account then you have to ask your client to do this.

Other option - you can create one MCC (only manage other accounts) with other email id and linked Your Client AdWords account and you will get the option to Add manually location extensions. I have cross checked to login into Direct Advertiser account and i am also not getting manual Add location option into Advertiser end account but when i login into another mcc account where my advertiser account is already linked then i got the manual Add Location option within Locations Extensions.

I will recommend to cross check your Advertiser AdWords access on your Email (through you are managing currently your client AdWords account).

otherwise you can try through MCC.

Thanks,
Anand