AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Limited by budget - killing my campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I'm in trouble now, I don't know whats happening in my Campaigns. While I look on this month campaign performance, most of the campaigns are showing 'Limited by budget' without any clicks (Running CPC campaign only).

Is any chance there to reach daily budget without get a single click. Someone please make me understand what is going on here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Hannah (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Limited by budget - killing my campaigns

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

"Is any chance there to reach daily budget without get a single click" : Answer : no

Your message can mean that your daily budget is so low it barely affords impressions, let alone clicks.

The solutions are described here : link

1) Are you using shared budgets with too many campaigns ?

2) How many keywords do you have vs. what daily budget ? For example you could have by mistake 200 keywords in a 2$ daily budget. If the systems detects that you can afford a very low impressions share, perhaps lower than 10% (just my assumption), this message can appear.

3) Is your location targeting a wide area or a small city ? If it is an entire country, try braking down the campaigns by large cities.

4) Is this message appearing in Display Network campaigns ?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Hannah (Google Employee)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

"Is any chance there to reach daily budget without get a single click" : Answer : no

Your message can mean that your daily budget is so low it barely affords impressions, let alone clicks.

The solutions are described here : link

1) Are you using shared budgets with too many campaigns ?

2) How many keywords do you have vs. what daily budget ? For example you could have by mistake 200 keywords in a 2$ daily budget. If the systems detects that you can afford a very low impressions share, perhaps lower than 10% (just my assumption), this message can appear.

3) Is your location targeting a wide area or a small city ? If it is an entire country, try braking down the campaigns by large cities.

4) Is this message appearing in Display Network campaigns ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adrian, I have checked above mentioned points, but the result is Smiley Sad

Please see below my comments for your questions,

-I'm not using Shared Budget
-Total 81 Keywords are for my 3 campaigns and Daily budget $10 (Monthly budget: $250)
-My campaigns are targeting only Oakville
-I'm not running any Display networks

Can you please advice me now, what's going on my Campaigns?

This has been showing my few more clients also

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I would look next to these :

1) What are your impression share metrics at the campaign level ? You can activate these custom columns to verify : link

Select a time-frame of last 7 days and look at the Search Lost IS (budget), what is the value there ?

2) How many impressions did I receive in the past few days in those 10$ daily if I have no clicks ? Are there many impressions ? Have the impressions dropped too compared to last week ?

3) Is the campaign Search and Search partners or Search and Display or just Search only ? Because search partners and Display can have a very low CTR, hundreds of impressions could happen before a click.

4) What are my minimum and maximum MaxCPC values , are they for example 3$ per keyword meaning that in 10$ I can afford only 3-4 clicks per day if the avg. cpc is near the MaxCPC ?

5) Do I have too many negative keywords assigned to the campaign, maybe some simple broad match keywords that could be blocking a lot of potential impressions ?

6) Can there be any issues with approval of ads or keywords that are blocking impressions and clicks ?

7) Limited by budget can be avoided if you pause some simple broad match or BMM keywords that are eligible for a lot more traffic than the phrase or exact match keywords. I would pause some of these broad keywords to see if the message disapears the next day.

8) Has someone excluded an audience from the campaign ?

9) If you check some of your previously popular keywords (which had many clicks) in the Ad Preview tool, do Ads appear ?

10) Are you targeting also mobiles which can require an additional budget ? If so and you do not need impressions on mobiles you can set a bid adjustment for them in the Devices for minus 100%

If you get no clues from this data, call google to ask them to take a look in your account , it is free :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067