AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Limit of 50 text Ads per Ad Gr. , includes deleted ones ?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have read that currently there is a limit of 50 text ads per ad group but it is not mentioned if this limit includes paused Ads or deleted ones. As I frequently delete low-performing Ads and I never received a notification , I suppose deleted Ads are not counted, but who knows where this detail is explained ?

[edit] Let's do the math for this 

• 10,000 campaigns (includes active and paused campaigns)
  • 20,000 ad groups per campaign
  • 20,000 ad group targeting items per ad group (such as keywords, placements, audience lists, and product targets)
  • 300 display ads per ad group (includes image ads)
  • 50 text ads per ad group
  • 4 million active or paused ads per account

-----------------

10 thousand campaigns x 20 thousand ad groups = 200 milion ad groups allowed, then why only 4 milion Ads ? Shouldn't the limit be (50 ads per ad group) x 200 milion Ad groups = 10 bilion Ads per account ?

There was a recent topic where someone has reached the limit of 5 million ad group targeting items including deleted keywords... even if the help pages say that only paused and enabled elements are counted. So are deleted elements counted too or not ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Limit of 50 Ads per Ad Group, does it include paused or deleted on

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian B,

According to my experience deleted ads are not counted.I am managing an adwords account for one of client where in several ad groups there are more than 50 ads (image & text) including deleted,paused & enabled.

Actually what happen is when the number of ads in a particular adgroup reach to the limit i have to delete an existing ad in order to create a new one.Only enabled & paused ads are counted in the account.

You are right i also do not find any pages anywhere regarding this where it is clearly described.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Limit of 50 Ads per Ad Group, does it include paused or deleted on

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian B,

According to my experience deleted ads are not counted.I am managing an adwords account for one of client where in several ad groups there are more than 50 ads (image & text) including deleted,paused & enabled.

Actually what happen is when the number of ads in a particular adgroup reach to the limit i have to delete an existing ad in order to create a new one.Only enabled & paused ads are counted in the account.

You are right i also do not find any pages anywhere regarding this where it is clearly described.

Re: Limit of 50 text Ads per Ad Gr. , includes deleted ones ?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Suva, so you didn't hit any limit so far. I wanted to change the Display URL for a few hundred Ads with the "Search and replace" feature and it has the option to create duplicates instead of deleting the old ads so it presents the risk of reaching that 50 ads limit.

It seems that at least for keywords , deleting them does not make room for new ones , look at messages 3 and 6 from this thread :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/AdWords-account-limits-need-help/m-p/26942...

Re: Limit of 50 text Ads per Ad Gr. , includes deleted ones ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I was wrong about this and you'll see the latest in the thread. The user got some good answers. I'll be sure to test this out when I hit 5 Million...which will be never...haha.
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’