AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Lightbox & Trueview call to action overlay

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When I use a video in Lightbox ads, "call to action" overlay (during automatically generated preview) doesn't match the rest of the ad - it is just too big. I could turn the overlay off at YT, but this would harm youtube in-search ads based on the same clip. Is there any way to turn the overlay just for lightbox ads...? Or the only way is to have two the same clips on YT: one with "call to action" overlay - for trueview, and second without - just for lightbox...?

Any help would be highly appreciated Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kasia I
March 2017

Re: Lightbox & Trueview call to action overlay

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Kasia,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Could you share a screenshot of the issue you're seeing, in which the CTA overlay is too big in the preview in AdWords (make sure not to include your account number, email address, or sensitive info).

Otherwise, yes, the quickest fix would be to have separate ads--one with the call to action overlay, and one without. But I'm curious to see what you're seeing in the preview, and if it's not something we can fix.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kasia I
March 2017

Re: Lightbox & Trueview call to action overlay

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Kasia,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Could you share a screenshot of the issue you're seeing, in which the CTA overlay is too big in the preview in AdWords (make sure not to include your account number, email address, or sensitive info).

Otherwise, yes, the quickest fix would be to have separate ads--one with the call to action overlay, and one without. But I'm curious to see what you're seeing in the preview, and if it's not something we can fix.

Cassie