AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Lightbox Ad Format

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok, looks like Google is rolling out a new ad format called lightbox which will somehow collaborate with the Product listing ads and the feeds in merchant center, i tried to sign up for this but unsuccessful, i wonder what you guys think about it and if someone has already fiddled around with that.

Source: Inside Adwords blog

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lightbox Ad Format

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi JaybTiger, long time no see!

They look interesting don't they?  I think the gallery style is particularly good.  Unfortunately none of my clients are really suitable for this sort of Ad, which is a shame as I'd love a chance to play.

J

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

HI JaybTiger,

Thanks for sharing, It looks good and I think this will increase CTR of our display ads.

For more details:

http://www.google.com/think/products/lightbox-ads.html

Thanks

-Vicky

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Jon for the nice welcome back!

I actually went ahead and called upon my rep and inquired about that, the guy promised to give me a heads-up soon, so, as soon somethings goes my way, i'll let everyone know.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cobnut,

It's good to write to you. As you said, none of your clients are suitable for this sort of Ad. Does google have a client benchmark or it's based on amount spend? I'm not getting enough document for lightbox adwords ad (meaning how to execute).

Is there any way you can help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi , the lightbox is not available within adwords platform. that means you need to reach out to google local representative to support
First you must have at least $30K to be eligible run lightbox
then you send the layout (opening/closing/creative) to google team (thru Google representative in your market) to get approved, then they will code/set up the ads to be live

Hope this helps
Thuy Tien