AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page setup for mobile app install ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to setup app install ads for targeting various segments. My ads show "Rarely shown due to low quality score" - even though the keyword is present in the ad copy. There's very little I can do to improve the landing page experience since that is controlled by Play Store.

When I got o Ad Preview and Diagnosis - it says that the ads don't show up but doesn't say anything about why that is the case. It says it can provide diagnosis information only for text ads.

I'm not sure if I am missing something. Are there certain settings that can be changed to make this work?

Re: Landing Page setup for mobile app install ads

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

It's recommended using app related keywords when promoting an app over Google search, that means you add the word "app" to your general business keywords. For example if your app about food, your best keywords would be "food app, download food app". I know the search volume won't be that high, but this how it goes.

Indeed, I found display network works better when it comes to promoting mobile app, especially when targeting people who are already using apps similar to yours. There are many other target options, you find them here:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549053?hl=en