AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page Keyword Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a web site through Serif WebPlus X5. I have several tabs, but have a questions with landing pages. I am a mobile notary who serves the San Diego County region as a whole. This includes many cities. I've noticed that though I have keywords for a particular city, if the city is not placed all over the landing page, that Google gives it a poor quality rating,etc. and doesn't show the ad if an end user types in a different city. I know that one can have just one keyword, say " San Diego Notary," but most people search by the particular city name, ex. "Chula Vista Notary," "Mira Mesa Notary," "Hillcrest Notary." All communities of San Diego. Is there a solution to this rather than creating 20 different landing pages with 20 different cities served? For instance, is there a way to change just the city portion of the landing page so that no matter what an end user types in, that word will show up in the spot on the landing page where the city should be? ex.. Landing Page text= "San Diego Notary." Person types in "Chula Vista Notary." Landing page where it says San Diego Notary automatically changes to "Chula Vista" Notary. I think this would help in Google Adrank without creating several different ads or having several different tabs on the web site.

Thank you for your help.

sandiegonotaryguy

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Landing Page and Geo targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi sandieognotary; welcome to AdWords community;

Quote:

I've noticed that though I have keywords for a particular city, if the city is not placed all over the landing page, that Google gives it a poor quality rating,etc. and doesn't show the ad if an end user types in a different city.

I disagree with this finding conclusion. I think that the reason for a low quality score should be looked elsewhere.

However, regardless of that; If you want to keep one landing page for the whole San Diego County, try using the Geo-targeting option of available, and target this county by both physical location and by intent ( see below) .

I am not familiar with a way to dynamically change the content of a landing page based on the user's query.

Read more about Geo- targeting:

An Introduction to AdWords Targeting

How to Use and Understand Location Targeting

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Landing Page and Geo targeting

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭