AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi,

Most of my keywords have 10/10 QS. When I run diagnostic report on them some of them come up with the message "ad showing now" some "restricted by targeting" some "low search Valium" but they all have 10/10 QS. Getting a lots of impressions but no click. Ad rank is 3.3 on the first page. I am using all four keyword match like broad, phrase, exact and modifier. What shell I do with the keywords because they are there for last 8/ to 12 months. Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there, are you saying you have Keywords that have been active for 8 - 12 months and have never been clicked?

How many? Do you have other Keywords in the Groups that do receive clicks?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

Thanks Jon,

sorry, I meant was that very few clicks and a lots of impressions while QS is at the top and bid is high too. Normally my understanding is that if QS is above 7 and bid is high then ad should be somewhere on the first page and once ad is on the first page people will clic on it and CTR will go up. But in my case its not happening I am half way (in terms of QS and bid) but rest difficult to reach reach.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi and Welcome on board. Smiley Happy

I went through the same in last couple of weeks. Over three thousand impressions not enough clicks and it was obvious why my CTR was sitting on 0.89%. I was having panic attacks. I tried this strategy and that has worked for me:

1. Paused all the keywords that were giving less or no clicks and giving too many impressions.
  2. Keywords that were giving me good clicks I changed them to [Exact] match type.

And here is what happened:

1. My QS is getting better and CTR is heaps heaps better. In fact some of the productive keywords have pulled the CTR to 12.35% and my campaign CTR is sitting at 2.35%.

Yes, with Exact match there is less 'clicking-activity' but CTR is getting far better so is the CPC. Instead of running out of my budget by mid day, now it goes into the afternoon. And an added plus - I am getting qualified clicks instead of many clicks.

Once my CPC is in single digits, I will then move to other match types.

Good Luck!

Razz