AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords cannot be longer than 80 characters.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I like to desable keywords that are negative to my campaign and I get the above message please help. Thank you

My email address is caiello835@gmail.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Keywords cannot be longer than 80 characters.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi CAiello835,

Welcome to the community.

You can not add neagtive keywords with one of the following conditions :

Condition 1 : Keywords which is more than 80 Characters

Condition 2 : Keywords which is more than 10 words.

Now if you want to add neagtive keywords which is too long try to shorten them by using phrase match or broad match keywords and then add it to your negative list.

For Example : Suppose you find a search term like this "free home delivery resturents in atlanta" & you do not provide any home delivery services.So you may not be  interested to show your ads to those people.Now instead of adding whole the seaech term as negative you can only add phrase match negative -"free home delivery".so your ads will not appear for any search term which is associated with free home delivery.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Keywords cannot be longer than 80 characters.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi CAiello835,

Welcome to the community.

You can not add neagtive keywords with one of the following conditions :

Condition 1 : Keywords which is more than 80 Characters

Condition 2 : Keywords which is more than 10 words.

Now if you want to add neagtive keywords which is too long try to shorten them by using phrase match or broad match keywords and then add it to your negative list.

For Example : Suppose you find a search term like this "free home delivery resturents in atlanta" & you do not provide any home delivery services.So you may not be  interested to show your ads to those people.Now instead of adding whole the seaech term as negative you can only add phrase match negative -"free home delivery".so your ads will not appear for any search term which is associated with free home delivery.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,